Add printer using IP address Windows 10
Have you just got a new printer and want to add printer using IP address Windows 10? In order to add your printer by using the IP address, you must know the IP address of your printer. To find the IP address of the printer, you can simply print a self-test page. This is the easiest way to find the IP address, the page will show you all the details regarding the printer which will include its current IP address as well. In this guide, we are going to share the simple steps that will help you to add printer using IP address Windows 10. So carefully read the instructions and complete the process without any hassle.
Print Self Test Page
It is very easy to print a self-test page. Just click on the ‘Setup’ button and go to the Menu. Now, use the ‘Right Arrow’ button and go to the ‘Print Report’. Hit the OK button and print the test page. The test page is printed you can check the IP address to add network printer Windows 10. After this, add your printer.
Add Printer using IP address windows 10: Steps to Follow
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and go to the ‘Settings’.
- On the settings menu, click the ‘Devices’ option.
- Now, you have to click on ‘Printers and Scanners’ on the next screen. You can find this option in the left pane and after that, click ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’ in the right pane.
- Let your Windows device to search for the printers. If you are unable to find the printer, click on ‘ the printer I want is not listed’ option.
- Choose ‘Add a Printer Using the TCP/IP’ on the next screen to add network printer Windows 10. Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, you have to enter the hostname and IP address of your printer. After that, you can click on the next button to proceed.
- Your Windows must be able to find the printer if you have turned on the printer and properly configured it. In case not, you will be prompted to provide more details about your printing device.
- Now, you will be asked to install the printer driver it software. Choose your Printer from the list and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Click the ‘Windows Update’ option if your printer is not on the list and you want to check other printer models.
- Now, print the test page check if your printer is working fine or not.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ option.
With the help of these simple guidelines, you can add wireless printer Windows 10. All the mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow. But, if you still have a doubt on you are unable to add the printer on your own, we recommend you contact the printer expert and take their advice to complete the process.