Canon Error 5b00
Canon printers are worldwide known for their quality printing. The printer comes with advanced features that share the quality printing experience with the customers. However, it is very common for users to encounter the issues by using the Canon printer. The most common problem is Canon error 5b00 due to which printing the documents becomes a challenging task for the customers. This error code appears on the screen when something is wrong with the Ink system. Fortunately, with the help of simple troubleshooting guidelines, users can perform Canon error 5b00 troubleshooting themselves and get rid of this problem. In this post, we are going to share some easy steps that you can follow to troubleshoot the Canon printer error.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Canon printer error 5b00
Reset Canon printer
You are supposed to enter your Canon printer to the service mode to reset it with the help of a service tool to fix Canon printer error 5b00. Below are the step by step instructions to do this:
- Download ‘ CanonService Tool V3400’.
- Now, run the downloaded program.
- Choose ‘connected USB port number’ from your USB port.
- , Select ‘MAIN’ option From the ‘Absorber Counter Section’.
- Here, you will see the ‘Counter value (%) pull-down’ menu, choose a ‘value ( in 10% increments)’ and closer to the real value of the counter confirmed before you have set the counter to the mainboard.
- Click on the ‘Set’ option.
- For the confirmation, the value will be managed as ‘EEPROM print EEPROM information’.
Hopefully following the steps you would be able to fix Canon Error 5B00 reset and continue executing your normal printing functions. In case the error is still appearing, you can follow the alternative methods to get rid of this problem.
Alternative methods to troubleshoot Canon error 5b00
- Power on the printing device. The entire procedure will work when your printer is turned on as you are directly going to work upon the settings of the printer.
- Click on the menu button.
- Set the device in ‘Service mode’.
- For this, you can click on the “Scan, Copy” button in the mentioned order. Prefer considering ‘English’ for the ‘service mode menu’ as the system’s BIOS.
- After this, you need to press the (+) button unless the ‘COUNTEACESS’ option appears.
- Hit the ok button.
- The printer screen will show the page counter. You have to click on the ‘ok’ button.
- Click on the ‘Copy’ button.
- Lower score with (-) button.
- Hit the Ok button.
- With the (+) symbol, go to the menu and keep finding until you see ‘ Scan Page Count’. To remove the score on this page counter, set (0) for the counter.
- Proceed with the process and click on the ‘ABS-M DON’t COUNT’ option. Set (0) as a score and hit the OK button.
- Click the “Stop” button when everything is down.
Canon Printer is one of the best printers available for the users, but just like any other device, the printer is also prone to many hardware and software issues. In this post, we have discussed the Canon Printer error 5b00 and its troubleshooting solution. We hope that after following these simple steps your Canon error 5b00 problem will be fixed. In case, the error is still appearing and not letting you print the documents, we suggest you contact the printer experts and take their advice to fix the problem. So, contact the experts and get your issue resolved instantly.