Epson printer error code 0x97 Fix
Epson comes in the top-most printer brands available in the market these days. The printers are known for delivering the best printing services. But it does not make it flawless. Unfortunately, Epson printers are also prone to certain technical defaults and one of the most common technical issues to occur in these printers is Epson Printer Error code 0x97. This issue can occur without any signal or warning. Usually, this error code presents itself on the Epson Printer with an indicator to turn off and on the printer again. The error code usually occurs during the printing process and after that, your printer will stop printing the documents. So, as long as Epson printer error code 0x97 keeps displaying on your device, you won’t be able to use the printer for printing the documents.
How to fix error 0x97?
The main reason for the occurrence of this error is internal hardware issues. In many of the Epson Models, these hardware errors occur and suddenly the motherboard fails. There are different troubleshooting solutions that you can try to fix this problem.
So, stop wondering that how to fix error 0x97 and try the following troubleshooting steps to tackle this problem:
Unplug and Plug-In
The troubleshooting steps mentioned below may require some technical knowledge. If you are not sure about the steps to open or use the printer then refer the user manual to avoid the problems:
- Open your printer casing and check if there is any paper jam or debris. If any exists, remove it.
- Remove the printer cartridges.
- Unplug the cables and USBs.
- Once you disconnect the printer, press the power button just like you are trying to turn on the printer. This will discharge the residual current in your Epson Printer.
- Reconnect the cables and USBs.
- Turn on the printer and check for Epson printer error code 0x97.
Hopefully, this fixes the error otherwise, you can proceed to the next step:
Method 2: Unplug and Plug-In
- To check that if there is any internal hardware, you can follow the given steps:
- Turn off the printer and unplug all the cables.
- Wait for about 5 minutes.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 2 minutes and do not release it.
- After 2 minutes, plug in the power cable without releasing the power button.
- Now, release the power button after 2 minutes.
Check if the error code still exists or not.
Method 4: Clean the Waste Ink
Sometimes the error code displays due to the waste ink around the head sprayer. For Epson printer error code 0x97 fix, you need to clean the waste ink. For this, you can use wet tissue. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to follow:
Important- This method will require expert guidance. We suggest you seek advice from an expert before trying this troubleshooting solution.
- Turn off your printer.
- Open the printer casing.
- Not take the lukewarm water. Wet a tissue in this water.
- Move the print head to the center position and put the wet tissue in head cleaning machine pad.
- Move the head to the parking spot and wait for 10 minutes.
After that, you can remove the tissue and close all the parts. Turn on your Epson printer and check if the issue is fixed or not. If you did not get the satisfying results, try repeating this method for 3 times and proceed to the next step.
Method 4: Epson Printer Support
If none of the aforementioned methods help you in you can contact the printer experts to get the right solution to this problem. If your printer is in the warranty period, you can replace it and get a new one. But before that contact the experts as they can help you to find the right solution to fix the problem instantly.