How to connect HP wireless printer to laptop without CD?
If you purchased an HP Wireless printer and looking forward to knowing how to connect HP wireless printer to laptop without CD, then this guide can help you. Connecting the printer to a laptop is not a tough task, all you need is to follow the simple guidelines to do this. To connect a printer, you can either use the USB connection or download the printer software by visiting the HP official website. In this post, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines for how to connect HP wireless printer to laptop without CD. So, read the guide and complete the printer connectivity task without any trouble.
Easy Guidelines to Add HP Printer to Laptop
- Unbox your HP printer and set the device as default by filling the Ink cartridges and paper in the input tray.
- Now, you need to connect the HP printer to the Laptop with a USB cable and turn on the devices.
- If you want the printer wirelessly, check and make sure that your router is turned on and click on the ‘Wireless Configuration’ option on the control panel of your printer.
- Choose the ‘Connect’ option.
- You can also print the documents wirelessly by visiting the printer’s official website and downloading the appropriate drivers for your device.
- Pick the appropriate printer software and drivers for your device and download it.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ option.
Elaborated Steps to Add HP Printer to Laptop
- If you are using the USB cable then plug in the cable to your HP printer and laptop. If you do not have the USB cable, you need to buy one. Refer to the printer manual to check the modem number of your device. Check if the USB cable comes with your printer box. In case not, you can also add HP printer to laptop by downloading the printer drivers from the official website.
- Plugin the USB cable to printer and laptop. Turn on the printer and wait until the setup process begins. Open the ‘Start Windows’ option and tap on the ‘Windows Logo’ present at the bottom left corner of your screen. In the Start menu, type ‘Printers and Scanner’. This will look for the ‘Printers and Scanners’ section on your laptop.
- Choose ‘Printers and Scanners’ option from the ‘Start’ window. Now, click the ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ option to add HP printer to laptop . Select the name of your printer from ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’ window. It will direct you to the printer installation window. Follow the on-screen guidelines to start with the printer installation process. Once you have completed the installation, your device is all set to print the documents.
- You can also download the printer software and drivers on the HP manufacturer website. Hit the ‘Printer Tab’ option and search for your printer modem number by typing it in the search bar. Check for the ‘Software Download’ link. You may need the type the model number of your printer in the search bar to find the printer software.
- Click the printer software download link. The downloading process will begin on your device. You have to wait for few minutes and after that go to the download folder, choose your printer setup file. Tap on Ok when prompted, find the location, and extract the file you have downloaded. Double click on the printer setup file and follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the process.
This is how to connect hp wireless printer to laptop without CD. If you need any further details about the printer connectivity process, we recommend you to contact the HP tech team and take their advice to get it done.