HP printer troubleshooting
HP printers are popular for outstanding performance and print quality among its users. Although, just like any other device, HP printers are also prone to many technical errors and need HP printer troubleshooting from time to time to keep the device error-free and maintain its proper functioning. If you are using the HP printer then this post can help you to maintain its smooth and error-free functioning for a long. In this guide, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines that can help you with HP printer troubleshooting on your device. So, if your HP printer is creating any sort of issue in your printer operations, follow the mentioned troubleshooting steps and get rid of that.
Troubleshoot HP printer issues: Guidelines to Follow
Check the basic connection
If your HP printer is unable to print the documents due to connectivity issues, follow the steps below and fix the problem:
- Unplug the Printer’s power cord and Computer’s power cable.
- Now, wait for a while, and after that plug back the power cable to HP Computer and Printer.
- Printer test page to make sure that your printer is working fine.
- These simple troubleshooting steps will help you to fix the printer connectivity error
Update the Outdated and Faulty Printer Drivers using the HP Driver Easy Application.
Many of the HP printer problems occur due to outdated printer software and drivers. So, if you see that your HP printer is not printing the document not responding to your print request, the best thing to do is reinstall or update the printer driver and software. You can do this by following two simple guidelines mention below:
- In the ‘Search’ bar on the main screen, type ‘Run’ to open the ‘Dialog Box’.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box and hit the OK button.
- The ‘Windows Device Manager’ will appear on your screen.
- Expand the ‘Print Queues’ category with a double click on it.
- Now, you have to right-click on the printer name listed in the ‘print queues’ category and then choose the ‘Update Driver’ option from the menu.
- Complete the printer software update process by following the on-screen guidelines.
Check HP Printer Spooler Error and troubleshoot it
HP Printer Spooler error in one of the most common HP printer problems that occur and hamper the user experience. The printer spooler is responsible for the smooth communication between the printer and the computer. It also helps the user to manage the print jobs in the queue. When the printer is unable to execute any print job because it is stuck in the queue, it shows the ‘Printer Spooler Error’ message on the computer screen. To troubleshoot this problem, users can follow the guidelines below:
- Close the other program while trying to print any document.
- Hit the ‘Start’ button on the main screen, type ‘Administrative Tools’ and click on the ‘Services’.
- Scroll to the down and tap on ‘Printer Spooler’. Right-click on it and hit the ‘Stop’ button.
- Go to ‘My Computer’ and double-click on the ‘Local Disk (C)’, click on the ‘Windows’ folder.
- System32 folder>>Spool>>Printers.
- Delete all the printing jobs in the folder.
- Go back to the ‘Services’, and find ‘Print Spooler’. Right-click on it and choose ‘Start’ option.
- Try to print the test page to make sure everything is working fine.
So, these are some common problems along with the HP printer troubleshooting solutions. If something is wrong with your printer but you are unable to fix it, we recommend you to contact the HP printer professionals and take the expert advice to fix the issue. The experts can give you the best advice and make sure that nothing compromises your printing experience.